opinion briefs on this topic
Though it stayed on the sidelines during the protests that ousted Hosni Mubarak, the Islamist group is flexing its muscles now
Those in the United States and elsewhere who were hoping for fundamental democratic change need to readjust their expectations
The West is worried about the Muslim Brotherhood, but it should be just as concerned about Egypt's armed forces taking power, says Ellis Goldberg in Foreign Affairs
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
Subscribe to the Week