opinion briefs on this topic
Top members of Obama's national security team urged him to provide more support to the opposition — but to no avail
The attack reportedly targeted trucks carrying missiles to Hezbollah in Lebanon. Could this widen Syria's war?
Between the civil war, winter weather, and global indifference, Syria is rapidly sliding toward disaster
45,000 Syrians are dead. And all Western leaders do is talk
Bashar al-Assad is on his last legs, but his campaign to crush the rebellion in Syria got a boost from Washington's astonishingly weak stance
The western military alliance is moving to the front lines for the first time in Syria's 20-month civil war
Early Thursday morning, the war-torn Mideast nation disappeared from the internet. What happened?
Many second-term presidents turn to foreign policy if they're viewed as lame ducks domestically. But don't expect Obama to go off starting wars
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week