Top members of Obama's national security team urged him to provide more support to the opposition — but to no avail
The attack reportedly targeted trucks carrying missiles to Hezbollah in Lebanon. Could this widen Syria's war?
Between the civil war, winter weather, and global indifference, Syria is rapidly sliding toward disaster
45,000 Syrians are dead. And all Western leaders do is talk
Bashar al-Assad is on his last legs, but his campaign to crush the rebellion in Syria got a boost from Washington's astonishingly weak stance
The western military alliance is moving to the front lines for the first time in Syria's 20-month civil war
Early Thursday morning, the war-torn Mideast nation disappeared from the internet. What happened?
Many second-term presidents turn to foreign policy if they're viewed as lame ducks domestically. But don't expect Obama to go off starting wars
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The world is on fire and neither Democrats or Republicans have a clue
- When it comes to ISIS, our Congress is full of cowards
Subscribe to the Week