opinion briefs on this topic
Top members of Obama's national security team urged him to provide more support to the opposition — but to no avail
The attack reportedly targeted trucks carrying missiles to Hezbollah in Lebanon. Could this widen Syria's war?
Between the civil war, winter weather, and global indifference, Syria is rapidly sliding toward disaster
45,000 Syrians are dead. And all Western leaders do is talk
Bashar al-Assad is on his last legs, but his campaign to crush the rebellion in Syria got a boost from Washington's astonishingly weak stance
The western military alliance is moving to the front lines for the first time in Syria's 20-month civil war
Early Thursday morning, the war-torn Mideast nation disappeared from the internet. What happened?
Many second-term presidents turn to foreign policy if they're viewed as lame ducks domestically. But don't expect Obama to go off starting wars
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Daily Show has some fun mocking the CPAC power players
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- 10 things you need to know today: March 11, 2014
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
Subscribe to the Week