Top members of Obama's national security team urged him to provide more support to the opposition — but to no avail
The attack reportedly targeted trucks carrying missiles to Hezbollah in Lebanon. Could this widen Syria's war?
Between the civil war, winter weather, and global indifference, Syria is rapidly sliding toward disaster
45,000 Syrians are dead. And all Western leaders do is talk
Bashar al-Assad is on his last legs, but his campaign to crush the rebellion in Syria got a boost from Washington's astonishingly weak stance
The western military alliance is moving to the front lines for the first time in Syria's 20-month civil war
Early Thursday morning, the war-torn Mideast nation disappeared from the internet. What happened?
Many second-term presidents turn to foreign policy if they're viewed as lame ducks domestically. But don't expect Obama to go off starting wars
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
Subscribe to the Week