America accuses Moscow of providing Syria with deadly weaponry, and critics say the U.S. was foolish to believe Russia would ever turn on Assad
With Kofi Annan's ceasefire failing, the U.S. joins an international push to pressure Syria after a gruesome massacre leaves more than 100 villagers dead
After dozens of women and children are killed, allegedly by government forces, pressure mounts for the West to oust Bashar al-Assad
With a U.N.-backed peace plan in tatters, America gingerly cooperates with opposition forces fighting the regime of President Bashar al-Assad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week