opinion briefs on this topic
America accuses Moscow of providing Syria with deadly weaponry, and critics say the U.S. was foolish to believe Russia would ever turn on Assad
With Kofi Annan's ceasefire failing, the U.S. joins an international push to pressure Syria after a gruesome massacre leaves more than 100 villagers dead
After dozens of women and children are killed, allegedly by government forces, pressure mounts for the West to oust Bashar al-Assad
With a U.N.-backed peace plan in tatters, America gingerly cooperates with opposition forces fighting the regime of President Bashar al-Assad
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
Subscribe to the Week