America accuses Moscow of providing Syria with deadly weaponry, and critics say the U.S. was foolish to believe Russia would ever turn on Assad
With Kofi Annan's ceasefire failing, the U.S. joins an international push to pressure Syria after a gruesome massacre leaves more than 100 villagers dead
After dozens of women and children are killed, allegedly by government forces, pressure mounts for the West to oust Bashar al-Assad
With a U.N.-backed peace plan in tatters, America gingerly cooperates with opposition forces fighting the regime of President Bashar al-Assad
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week