Moscow and Beijing block a United Nations effort to condemn Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. What is Russia hoping to gain?
In a rare interview, the isolated Syrian leader denies a lot — and convinces almost no one
The pressure on the Assad regime increases dramatically as his neighbors demand an end to the deadly repression of protesters. Is the tide turning?
The U.S. is finally telling Bashar al-Assad to leave power. But we're not the ones he'll listen to
The Arab world takes an extraordinary stand by condemning Bashar al-Assad's violent crackdown on peaceful protesters
The Syrian president blames "saboteurs" for his country's uprising, and pro-democracy protesters denounce him as a liar
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
Subscribe to the Week