Moscow and Beijing block a United Nations effort to condemn Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. What is Russia hoping to gain?
In a rare interview, the isolated Syrian leader denies a lot — and convinces almost no one
The pressure on the Assad regime increases dramatically as his neighbors demand an end to the deadly repression of protesters. Is the tide turning?
The U.S. is finally telling Bashar al-Assad to leave power. But we're not the ones he'll listen to
The Arab world takes an extraordinary stand by condemning Bashar al-Assad's violent crackdown on peaceful protesters
The Syrian president blames "saboteurs" for his country's uprising, and pro-democracy protesters denounce him as a liar
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What if The Purge was real?
- Why I choose not to be rich
- Israel's invasion of Gaza shows peace talks were a sham all along
Subscribe to the Week