opinion briefs on this topic
Moscow and Beijing block a United Nations effort to condemn Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. What is Russia hoping to gain?
In a rare interview, the isolated Syrian leader denies a lot — and convinces almost no one
The pressure on the Assad regime increases dramatically as his neighbors demand an end to the deadly repression of protesters. Is the tide turning?
The U.S. is finally telling Bashar al-Assad to leave power. But we're not the ones he'll listen to
The Arab world takes an extraordinary stand by condemning Bashar al-Assad's violent crackdown on peaceful protesters
The Syrian president blames "saboteurs" for his country's uprising, and pro-democracy protesters denounce him as a liar
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Ryan Seacrest invested $1 million to transform your iPhone into a BlackBerry
- Top 7 insane homeowners association rules
- How Vanessa became Jacob
Subscribe to the Week