Syria's Uprising : In-depth briefingPosted on May 27, 2011, at 12:48 PM
Until his troops fired on protesters, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad was considered a moderate. What happened?
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
Subscribe to the Week