opinion briefs on this topic
Syria's Uprising : In-depth briefingPosted on May 27, 2011, at 12:48 PM
Until his troops fired on protesters, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad was considered a moderate. What happened?
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
Did God have a wife?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Ryan Seacrest invested $1 million to transform your iPhone into a BlackBerry
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- All the World Cup mascots, ranked
SUBSCRIBE TO THE WEEK MAGAZINE
Subscribe to the Week