General Electric, Whirlpool, and other mega-companies are sitting on gigantic piles of money. And they're storing those piles in other countries
Mitt Romney says 47 percent of Americans are "dependent on the government." But the tax code is at least meant to help poor families become financially independent
America faces a true financial crisis. The president has responded with a hackneyed political gimmick
The president wants to slash the tax rate on businesses — but raise corporate tax revenue by eliminating loopholes
Nearly 100,000 government workers owe a collective $1 billion in unpaid 2010 taxes — including employees at the Treasury Department and Government Ethics Office
Not necessarily, according to an AP "fact check" that's being embraced by the Right
The president wants a new tax rate for wealthy Americans — inspired by billionaire Warren Buffett, who pays a lower tax rate than his secretary
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week