opinion briefs on this topic
Despite middling reviews, the romantic comedy banks a surprisingly strong $33 million at the box office, ending Katniss' four-week reign
Fans of Gary Ross' blockbuster adaptation lament that the director won't be back for the franchise's second installment, Catching Fire
"Why does Rue have to be black?" wonders one fan, arguing that the ethnicity of the child actress playing the pivotal role "ruined the movie"
Katniss Everdeen blows past industry expectations, raking in $155 million over the weekend — the highest debut ever for a non-sequel film
When the 21-year-old Oscar nominee was cast as the teenage heroine, passionate fans of Suzanne Collins' book thought she was all wrong. Now critics think she's all right
At long last, audiences will feast their eyes on the big-screen adaptation of the blockbuster novel. Here's what critics are buzzing about
Earning raves for its intense action sequences and Jennifer Lawrence's performance, the much-anticipated film may be living up to mountains of hype
Frenzied fans clamoring for this weekend's big movie can temporarily satisfy their Hunger Games fix with a slew of Katniss-inspired merchandise
The book became a phenomenon and now drooling critics are dissecting the first full-length preview of the ultra-buzzy film adaptation
The first promotion for the buzzed-about movie literally crackles with anticipation — and ambition
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The secrets of happy families
- Is the rent really too damn high?
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- Yes, Obama and Raul Castro shook hands. No, you shouldn't freak out about it.
- Do Americans still believe in the American Dream?
Subscribe to the Week