opinion briefs on this topic
Fox News' Sean Hannity scores a sitdown with Trayvon Martin's killer, who says the fatal shooting "was all God's plan"
Prominent legal scholar Alan Dershowitz says that newly released evidence destroys the prosecution's case against Trayvon Martin's killer
A callous Florida entrepeneur sparks outrage by selling gun-range targets evoking the black teen killed by George Zimmerman
After the death of Trayvon Martin, lawmakers are reassessing a raft of statutes that allow people to use deadly force in self-defense
A detailed portrait of Trayvon Martin's killer examines how a string of robberies might have affected his judgment. But does it change the facts of the case?
Trayvon Martin's killer is free on bail, and some are crediting the acumen of his main defense lawyer, Mark O'Mara
In a dramatic day in court, Trayvon Martin's killer says he's sorry — and is granted a $150,000 bail
Here we go again. Zimmerman is charged with murder, and pundits are proclaiming this the biggest trial ever. Haven't we heard that before?
The court battle begins for the killer of Trayvon Martin, and some see disturbing parallels to another polarizing, racially charged murder case
Real-time, unfiltered commentary from around the world
In a strange press conference, the Florida shooter's attorneys said they could no longer represent their rogue client. What's behind this bizarre breakup?
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Why income inequality has become the Democratic Party's top issue
- Is it possible to live forever?
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- 11 languages spoken by 11 people or fewer
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- Why Americans care about Rob Ford's drug abuse but not Nigella Lawson's
- How America's unions can reinvent themselves in the new economy
Subscribe to the Week