opinion briefs on this topic
The neighborhood watch volunteer requests donations... and shows no remorse for killing an unarmed 17-year-old
The Florida prosecutor investigating Trayvon Martin's shooting death sets the nation abuzz by nixing a grand jury hearing the day before it was to convene
A majority of Republicans say reckless journalists are focusing too closely on the shooting death of an unarmed black teen. Are they right?
The unarmed 17-year-old was actually several inches taller than the 28-year-old man who shot him — and more head-turning revelations
Two forensics experts tell the Orlando Sentinel that Trayvon Martin, not his shooter, is the one who screamed before the fatal gunshot
While the media eats up crimes against young white women like Natalee Holloway, it's rare for a black victim like Martin to dominate the national news
Footage captured shortly after Trayvon Martin's death raises new doubts about the shooter's claim that he fired in self defense
Sybrina Fulton is attempting to trademark "I Am Trayvon" and "Justice for Trayvon," leading some to wonder whether she's honoring her son or trying to cash in
Democrat Bobby Rush tries to make a point by donning a sweatshirt like the one the slain Florida teen was wearing, and gets booted off the House floor
Martin's death has sparked a heated debate on the role of race, guns, and law enforcement in America. But what about the man who pulled the trigger?
The neighborhood watch volunteer says he shot Martin because the teenager was beating him up. If that's true, should Zimmerman be in the clear?
Local police muddy the water by suggesting that the young black teen may have been the aggressor in the controversial Florida shooting that left him dead
Geraldo Rivera sparks an outcry by suggesting that the black Florida teen's clothes were as responsible for his death as the shooter was
The president promises the dead black teen's parents a full investigation and, as usual, partisan ears hear Obama's words quite differently
President Obama has weighed in, but his chief GOP rivals aren't exactly leaping at the opportunity to discuss the high-profile, high-octane shooting case
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- Watch The Daily Show pit Pope Francis against Fox News' 'War on Christmas'
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 10 things you need to know today: December 4, 2013
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- A short history of Popes sneaking out of the Vatican
- 10 works of literature that were exceptionally hard to write
Subscribe to the Week