At the heart of the tragic shooting case is a 2005 Florida law that lets many nervous gun owners shoot to kill. Is this cowboy law just crazy?
The unarmed black Florida teen was shot dead by a half-Hispanic neighborhood vigilante. Is being black in America inherently dangerous?
A self-styled neighborhood security guard shot and killed an unarmed black youth — and might very well avoid punishment
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
Subscribe to the Week