At the heart of the tragic shooting case is a 2005 Florida law that lets many nervous gun owners shoot to kill. Is this cowboy law just crazy?
The unarmed black Florida teen was shot dead by a half-Hispanic neighborhood vigilante. Is being black in America inherently dangerous?
A self-styled neighborhood security guard shot and killed an unarmed black youth — and might very well avoid punishment
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
Subscribe to the Week