At the heart of the tragic shooting case is a 2005 Florida law that lets many nervous gun owners shoot to kill. Is this cowboy law just crazy?
The unarmed black Florida teen was shot dead by a half-Hispanic neighborhood vigilante. Is being black in America inherently dangerous?
A self-styled neighborhood security guard shot and killed an unarmed black youth — and might very well avoid punishment
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
Subscribe to the Week