At the heart of the tragic shooting case is a 2005 Florida law that lets many nervous gun owners shoot to kill. Is this cowboy law just crazy?
The unarmed black Florida teen was shot dead by a half-Hispanic neighborhood vigilante. Is being black in America inherently dangerous?
A self-styled neighborhood security guard shot and killed an unarmed black youth — and might very well avoid punishment
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week