opinion briefs on this topic
If you're tired of predictable computer-generated blockbusters, indie darling Joseph Gordon-Levitt brings back the concept of... actual stunts
In the new film, the young actor transforms his image as an amoral moneybags who perfects shallowness as the global economy collapses around him
It's been just five years since Spider-Man 3 swung into theaters, leaving critics wondering whether the new Spidey film comes too soon — even if it is exhilarating
A whopping 73 percent of those who flocked to see the male-stripper flick were women, fueling the film's surprising $40 million opening-weekend haul
A foul-mouthed teddy bear and men in G-strings help mark the first time ever that two R-rated films grossed more than $21 million in the same weekend
The gorgeous indie film that stormed film festivals earlier this year hits theaters Wednesday with a hurricane of hype and lofty expectations
Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey show an awful lot of skin in this weekend's new film, and some critics aren't sure moviegoers want to see it
The box office heavyweight's past films have grossed over $3 billion total, but his new movie musical barely mustered a third-place finish over the weekend
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- How Captain America won over China
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
Subscribe to the Week