opinion briefs on this topic
If you're tired of predictable computer-generated blockbusters, indie darling Joseph Gordon-Levitt brings back the concept of... actual stunts
In the new film, the young actor transforms his image as an amoral moneybags who perfects shallowness as the global economy collapses around him
It's been just five years since Spider-Man 3 swung into theaters, leaving critics wondering whether the new Spidey film comes too soon — even if it is exhilarating
A whopping 73 percent of those who flocked to see the male-stripper flick were women, fueling the film's surprising $40 million opening-weekend haul
A foul-mouthed teddy bear and men in G-strings help mark the first time ever that two R-rated films grossed more than $21 million in the same weekend
The gorgeous indie film that stormed film festivals earlier this year hits theaters Wednesday with a hurricane of hype and lofty expectations
Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey show an awful lot of skin in this weekend's new film, and some critics aren't sure moviegoers want to see it
The box office heavyweight's past films have grossed over $3 billion total, but his new movie musical barely mustered a third-place finish over the weekend
- Why conservatives just don't get Pope Francis' anti-poverty crusade
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- Eli Manning is the worst quarterback since Mark Sanchez
- Why does China's Moon Rover exhibit show a nuclear mushroom cloud over Europe?
- 4 tech tools that are disrupting the doctor's office
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Is Obama really doing worse than Bush and Nixon?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- Get ready for a massive renewable energy boom
Subscribe to the Week