opinion briefs on this topic
Still basking in the glow of Felix Baumgartner's death-defying freefall, the energy drink company unites several extreme athletes for an overly elaborate stunt
See what the 43-year-old daredevil saw while plummeting toward Earth at more than 800 mph
The Red Bull Stratos mission reached its thrilling conclusion Sunday when the Austrian daredevil broke the sound barrier... with his own body
After months of meticulous preparation, the Red Bull Stratos mission is finally here
In a gripping video, a champion daredevil struggles to cross the gap before the rigs speed into separate tunnels — snapping the tightrope
In a compelling video, Lawrence Bishop tells the tale of being trapped on a narrow mountain edge for 52 hours — and reads the goodbye note he wrote to his family
The scion of one of America's most famous acrobatic families, the Flying Wallendas, accomplishes a lifelong dream — and makes history
Bloodied, terrified, and exhausted, I was two days into a 1,100-mile hike, says Cheryl Strayed, and ready to quit
Four climbers were killed over the weekend, raising the towering peak's death toll to 225. And still, 200 more climbers are preparing to challenge Everest this weekend
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week