opinion briefs on this topic
Still basking in the glow of Felix Baumgartner's death-defying freefall, the energy drink company unites several extreme athletes for an overly elaborate stunt
See what the 43-year-old daredevil saw while plummeting toward Earth at more than 800 mph
The Red Bull Stratos mission reached its thrilling conclusion Sunday when the Austrian daredevil broke the sound barrier... with his own body
After months of meticulous preparation, the Red Bull Stratos mission is finally here
In a gripping video, a champion daredevil struggles to cross the gap before the rigs speed into separate tunnels — snapping the tightrope
In a compelling video, Lawrence Bishop tells the tale of being trapped on a narrow mountain edge for 52 hours — and reads the goodbye note he wrote to his family
The scion of one of America's most famous acrobatic families, the Flying Wallendas, accomplishes a lifelong dream — and makes history
Bloodied, terrified, and exhausted, I was two days into a 1,100-mile hike, says Cheryl Strayed, and ready to quit
Four climbers were killed over the weekend, raising the towering peak's death toll to 225. And still, 200 more climbers are preparing to challenge Everest this weekend
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The secrets of happy families
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Is the rent really too damn high?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 13 countries where gay marriage is legal [Updated]
- The U.S. auto bailout is officially over. Here's what America lost and gained.
Subscribe to the Week