opinion briefs on this topic
Brazil's host city must overcome a seemingly insurmountable list of problems, delays, and distractions if it hopes to equal London's success
The Spice Girls, Jessie J, and Queen all helped close the curtain on the 2012 Games, taking viewers through a frenzied recap of British pop-music history
Exultant, giddy, or overcome with emotion, victorious athletes are beautiful to watch
The track star failed to medal in her signature event following a brutal (and arguably unwarranted) takedown in the weekend's Times. Now she's speaking out
Forget the face paint. These spectators take national pride to new heights with gaudy, sometimes inexplicable, full-body attire
Fox News criticizes Team USA for not wearing enough red, white, and blue, but some say the network is looking for controversy in all the wrong places
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 10 things you need to know today: March 9, 2014
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- This energy source could solve all of our problems — so why is no one talking about it?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week