opinion briefs on this topic
Williams celebrates her first Olympic gold medal with a once-controversial gang dance, eliciting a backlash from certain (arguably racist) quarters of the media
The British broadcaster is using technology to cover every second of every event, a gold-medal effort that has left NBC struggling to get on the podium
When prowling photographers are capturing an athlete's every expression, it's not always easy to radiate grace
The American women put on a dominant display in London, steamrolling the competition on their way to the podium. But are they the best ever?
Tug of war, pistol dueling, and live pigeon shooting — those are just some of the oddest events in Olympic history, a few of which still exist today
Tape delays, spoilers, and questionable programming decisions have prompted a noisy chorus of Twitter users to bestow the network with an ignominious hashtag: #NBCFail
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Bill O'Reilly: Obama's comedy is unpresidential, because Abe Lincoln
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
Subscribe to the Week