Im Dong Hyun of South Korea can barely read a newspaper, but he can hit a bullseye with a bow and arrow from 70 meters away
Pizza, beer, and ice cream are actually staples for some elite athletes, who gorge themselves on mountains of unhealthy food to meet 6,000-calorie daily quotients
A Czech artist transforms a traditional London double-decker bus into a six-ton, push-up-performing robotic sculpture in honor of the 2012 games
British Olympic organizers pledged in 2005 to get two million U.K. citizens to exercise more before the games, but the initiative flopped. What went wrong?
On the heels of a renewed controversy, senators push a bill to force the U.S. Olympic Committee to make sure all ceremonial uniforms are made in the U.S.A
A tantalizing fantasy match-up — Kobe and LeBron competing against Magic and MJ in their primes — has hoops junkies in a lather
Over the years, America's summer Olympians have marched into stadiums wearing everything from cowboy hats to berets — with no shortage of red, white, and blue
South Africa's Oscar Pistorius and his J-shaped prosthetic calves will compete against able-bodied Olympians. Is he an inspiration — or a cheat?
Tears, triumphs, agonizing defeats, miraculous wins... and the London Olympics haven't even started yet
The Summer Games are still a month away, but the city has already exceeded its budget by 101 percent — and counting
Michael Phelps, Usain Bolt, and millions of spectators will soon be able to dine at London's new 32,000-square-foot McDonald's, the world's largest
Allyson Felix and Jenebah Tarmoh both crossed the finish line in 11.068 seconds — but even high-tech cameras can't pinpoint a winner, and the solution is controversial
Olympic officials are reportedly considering new "gender verification" guidelines that would bar women from competing if they are too masculine
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
Subscribe to the Week