opinion briefs on this topic
Im Dong Hyun of South Korea can barely read a newspaper, but he can hit a bullseye with a bow and arrow from 70 meters away
Pizza, beer, and ice cream are actually staples for some elite athletes, who gorge themselves on mountains of unhealthy food to meet 6,000-calorie daily quotients
A Czech artist transforms a traditional London double-decker bus into a six-ton, push-up-performing robotic sculpture in honor of the 2012 games
British Olympic organizers pledged in 2005 to get two million U.K. citizens to exercise more before the games, but the initiative flopped. What went wrong?
On the heels of a renewed controversy, senators push a bill to force the U.S. Olympic Committee to make sure all ceremonial uniforms are made in the U.S.A
A tantalizing fantasy match-up — Kobe and LeBron competing against Magic and MJ in their primes — has hoops junkies in a lather
Over the years, America's summer Olympians have marched into stadiums wearing everything from cowboy hats to berets — with no shortage of red, white, and blue
South Africa's Oscar Pistorius and his J-shaped prosthetic calves will compete against able-bodied Olympians. Is he an inspiration — or a cheat?
Tears, triumphs, agonizing defeats, miraculous wins... and the London Olympics haven't even started yet
The Summer Games are still a month away, but the city has already exceeded its budget by 101 percent — and counting
Michael Phelps, Usain Bolt, and millions of spectators will soon be able to dine at London's new 32,000-square-foot McDonald's, the world's largest
Allyson Felix and Jenebah Tarmoh both crossed the finish line in 11.068 seconds — but even high-tech cameras can't pinpoint a winner, and the solution is controversial
Olympic officials are reportedly considering new "gender verification" guidelines that would bar women from competing if they are too masculine
- 10 things you need to know today: June 19, 2013
- The culture war is over, and conservatives lost
- The last word: He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The House's cold war over the IRS scandal just turned hot
- WATCH: Australia's army chief demonstrates how you address sex abuse
- How typeface influences the way we read and think
- Michael Hastings, remembered
- WATCH: John Oliver tackles the politics of immigration reform
- 72 years together: The couple who died holding hands
- The last telegram ever is about to be sent