opinion briefs on this topic
Director Danny Boyle's plans for the massive spectacle include a mock British countryside, a cricket team, 12 horses, three goats, two cows, and Sir Paul McCartney
Duran Duran, Shakespeare, and... Sir 007? Here's a taste of how England plans to welcome the world this summer
Human rights activists say the conservative Muslim country should be kicked out of the London Olympics because it won't allow Saudi women to compete
Forget tape-delayed evening broadcasts. This summer, for the first time ever, fans in the U.S. can watch Michael Phelps' big races live from their computers
Iran says the 2012 Olympics logo is "racist" — but they're not the only ones seeing something strange in the Games' symbol
- The secrets of happy families
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cue scary music: Cockroaches that can survive New York winters reach the U.S.
- Will John Kerry's foreign policy successes undercut Hillary Clinton?
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- 10 things you need to know today: December 9, 2013
- Why Newt Gingrich is getting flak for defending Nelson Mandela
Subscribe to the Week