Director Danny Boyle's plans for the massive spectacle include a mock British countryside, a cricket team, 12 horses, three goats, two cows, and Sir Paul McCartney
Duran Duran, Shakespeare, and... Sir 007? Here's a taste of how England plans to welcome the world this summer
Human rights activists say the conservative Muslim country should be kicked out of the London Olympics because it won't allow Saudi women to compete
Forget tape-delayed evening broadcasts. This summer, for the first time ever, fans in the U.S. can watch Michael Phelps' big races live from their computers
Iran says the 2012 Olympics logo is "racist" — but they're not the only ones seeing something strange in the Games' symbol
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Are hedge funds doomed?
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week