opinion briefs on this topic
Corporate fearmongers are eager to make a fortune from the phony threat of cyber-terror
Thank goodness no serious observer of electronic warfare considers a cyber-9/11 possible, let alone imminent
The 26-year-old wunderkind's death is bringing laws written a half-century ago back into the spotlight
A rogue group is covertly collecting top-secret data with an infrastructure rivaling Flame and Stuxnet
The Reddit architect and free-culture hero was locked in a bitter courtroom battle after allegedly stealing millions of files from MIT
The president reportedly plans to issue an executive order to protect the nation's critical systems from cyber attacks, and Republicans are not happy
One researcher demonstrates how easily the heart-monitoring devices can be accessed by outsiders
The virtual vigilante group claims revenge on behalf of Canadian teen Amanda Todd
A hacker stole my family photos and upended my life, says Mat Honan, and it could easily happen to you
According to the Pentagon and Australia's defense department, our troops are a sucker for sexy Facebook "friends" who are more deadly, and less attractive, than they seem
As brain-computer interfaces become more commonplace, researchers warn that the devices could open you up to a whole new threat: Mind-hacking
Want to support your preferred candidate? You should know that downloading their apps also means handing over a hefty amount of personal data
Wired reporter Mat Honan lost every file and every photo of his daughter's first year when attackers remotely wiped his MacBook. Even scarier? It could easily happen to you
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Can Rand Paul avoid the Neville Chamberlain trap?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- To build the Death Star, we'll need this space elevator
Subscribe to the Week