Few assume that a lot of brainpower goes into these transparent scams, but a Microsoft researcher argues that they're actually highly sophisticated
Does this new service help people find the most interesting crowds, or is it just another "stalker app"?
Civil libertarians and open-web advocates are up in arms about a far-reaching bill coming up for a big vote in the House. Here's why
One of the world's most notorious hacking collectives suffers a brutal blow — after its leader rats out his comrades
The hacker group vows to take down any site that hosts or promotes child pornography. But is online vigilantism a good thing?
The tech-smart collective unexpectedly calls it quits, after successfully hacking Sony, the CIA, and the U.S. Senate. Why quit when you're ahead?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
Subscribe to the Week