Few assume that a lot of brainpower goes into these transparent scams, but a Microsoft researcher argues that they're actually highly sophisticated
Does this new service help people find the most interesting crowds, or is it just another "stalker app"?
Civil libertarians and open-web advocates are up in arms about a far-reaching bill coming up for a big vote in the House. Here's why
One of the world's most notorious hacking collectives suffers a brutal blow — after its leader rats out his comrades
The hacker group vows to take down any site that hosts or promotes child pornography. But is online vigilantism a good thing?
The tech-smart collective unexpectedly calls it quits, after successfully hacking Sony, the CIA, and the U.S. Senate. Why quit when you're ahead?
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Why America needs more billionaires
Subscribe to the Week