Few assume that a lot of brainpower goes into these transparent scams, but a Microsoft researcher argues that they're actually highly sophisticated
Does this new service help people find the most interesting crowds, or is it just another "stalker app"?
Civil libertarians and open-web advocates are up in arms about a far-reaching bill coming up for a big vote in the House. Here's why
One of the world's most notorious hacking collectives suffers a brutal blow — after its leader rats out his comrades
The hacker group vows to take down any site that hosts or promotes child pornography. But is online vigilantism a good thing?
The tech-smart collective unexpectedly calls it quits, after successfully hacking Sony, the CIA, and the U.S. Senate. Why quit when you're ahead?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
Subscribe to the Week