opinion briefs on this topic
Two mass murders happened two weeks apart, but they get very different treatment by the media. Were the Dark Knight killings that much more important?
Police have released the identity of the alleged gunman, a 40-year-old former Army serviceman who reportedly fronted a white-power punk band called End Apathy
From his taste for white-power punk to his membership in a hard-core white-supremacy group, a disturbing picture is emerging of Wade Michael Page
A bipartisan coalition of mayors releases an ad urging President Obama and Mitt Romney to pursue tighter gun laws — less than an hour before the Sikh temple shooting
Police aren't publicly speculating on why a middle-aged white gunman murdered six Sikhs. Could he be as dumb as he was cruel?
The U.S. has had a sizable Sikh population for decades, yet we still have a poor understanding of the peace-oriented religion that originated in India
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- The secrets of happy families
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- Is the rent really too damn high?
- Yes, Obama and Raul Castro shook hands. No, you shouldn't freak out about it.
- 7 enduring lessons from It's a Wonderful Life
Subscribe to the Week