opinion briefs on this topic
The internet seizes on images of the Republican vice presidential candidate lifting weights. But is it because they're a little too Dukakis-in-the-tank?
Mitt Romney's big win over President Obama last week has really raised the stakes for Thursday's showdown between their running mates
The VP nominee's big speech at the Republican National Convention set off alarm bells at fact-checking operations nationwide. What was he thinking?
Journalists are going to awkward lengths to avoid the L-word when reviewing Ryan's address — even though the veep candidate told several brazen whoppers
Republicans loved their VP nominee's robust defense of shrinking government; Democrats and fact-checkers are banging their heads against the wall
Democrats are hammering Romney's running mate on his plan to overhaul Medicare, but their "Mediscare" tactics aren't swaying seniors... to a surprising degree
Romney's running mate has an extremely conservative record on abortion, which could make it tough for the campaign to dodge the Todd Akin backlash
Mitt Romney's running mate has a reputation as a serious policy intellectual, but critics say his budget is just fuzzy math and magical thinking
When Republican talking heads praise Mitt Romney for his "bold" VP choice, says Politico, try to read the fear between the lines
Foreign policy likely won't decide the election in November — unless perhaps voters learn just how aligned Ryan's world views are with those of George W. Bush
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
Subscribe to the Week