McCaskill was one of the most vulnerable Democrats in the country — until her GOP opponent started talking about "legitimate rape"
A video surfaces in which Missouri's GOP challenger to Sen. Claire McCaskill says that abortion doctors break all kinds of laws with their "culture of death"
A month after inviting scorn by suggesting that women don't get pregnant from "legitimate rape," Missouri's Republican Senate candidate is in hot water again
In Todd Akin's world, the top GOP leaders kicking him toward the exits are actually left-wing powerbrokers trying to sabotage the conservative cause
Not everyone in the GOP is running from the embattled Senate candidate. Why are social conservatives sticking with the "legitimate rape" political pariah?
Nearly the entire Republican Party is urging Akin to bow out of his Senate race — but it's hardly a sure thing that Akin would lose to his Democratic opponent
The embattled Missouri Senate hopeful is vowing to hang on — even as his party gives him several fierce kicks toward the door
The Missouri Republican's preposterous claims about rape and abortion could hurt the GOP's chances at winning the Senate — and the presidency
The Missouri Republican makes a dubious statement about abortion, handing an unexpected lifeline to his Democratic opponent, embattled Sen. Claire McCaskill
Democrats are thrilled that Rep. Todd Akin, a rabid conservative who might turn off moderates, will be the one facing the vulnerable Sen. Claire McCaskill
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- A brief history of the Guy Fawkes mask
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week