McCaskill was one of the most vulnerable Democrats in the country — until her GOP opponent started talking about "legitimate rape"
A video surfaces in which Missouri's GOP challenger to Sen. Claire McCaskill says that abortion doctors break all kinds of laws with their "culture of death"
A month after inviting scorn by suggesting that women don't get pregnant from "legitimate rape," Missouri's Republican Senate candidate is in hot water again
In Todd Akin's world, the top GOP leaders kicking him toward the exits are actually left-wing powerbrokers trying to sabotage the conservative cause
Not everyone in the GOP is running from the embattled Senate candidate. Why are social conservatives sticking with the "legitimate rape" political pariah?
Nearly the entire Republican Party is urging Akin to bow out of his Senate race — but it's hardly a sure thing that Akin would lose to his Democratic opponent
The embattled Missouri Senate hopeful is vowing to hang on — even as his party gives him several fierce kicks toward the door
The Missouri Republican's preposterous claims about rape and abortion could hurt the GOP's chances at winning the Senate — and the presidency
The Missouri Republican makes a dubious statement about abortion, handing an unexpected lifeline to his Democratic opponent, embattled Sen. Claire McCaskill
Democrats are thrilled that Rep. Todd Akin, a rabid conservative who might turn off moderates, will be the one facing the vulnerable Sen. Claire McCaskill
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- 10 things you need to know today: August 20, 2014
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- The big policy question libertarians can't answer
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
Subscribe to the Week