McCaskill was one of the most vulnerable Democrats in the country — until her GOP opponent started talking about "legitimate rape"
A video surfaces in which Missouri's GOP challenger to Sen. Claire McCaskill says that abortion doctors break all kinds of laws with their "culture of death"
A month after inviting scorn by suggesting that women don't get pregnant from "legitimate rape," Missouri's Republican Senate candidate is in hot water again
In Todd Akin's world, the top GOP leaders kicking him toward the exits are actually left-wing powerbrokers trying to sabotage the conservative cause
Not everyone in the GOP is running from the embattled Senate candidate. Why are social conservatives sticking with the "legitimate rape" political pariah?
Nearly the entire Republican Party is urging Akin to bow out of his Senate race — but it's hardly a sure thing that Akin would lose to his Democratic opponent
The embattled Missouri Senate hopeful is vowing to hang on — even as his party gives him several fierce kicks toward the door
The Missouri Republican's preposterous claims about rape and abortion could hurt the GOP's chances at winning the Senate — and the presidency
The Missouri Republican makes a dubious statement about abortion, handing an unexpected lifeline to his Democratic opponent, embattled Sen. Claire McCaskill
Democrats are thrilled that Rep. Todd Akin, a rabid conservative who might turn off moderates, will be the one facing the vulnerable Sen. Claire McCaskill
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
Subscribe to the Week