Ahead of a House hearing on the attack that killed a U.S. ambassador, the State Department contradicts accounts given by others in the Obama administration
The news channel returns the late Libya ambassador's personal writing to his relatives, but not before it checks out some newsworthy details — and reports them
The White House says Obama will "reject the views in this video" when he speaks to world leaders this week, instead of just outright ignoring the YouTube film
America has faced rioting outside its embassies over an anti-Islam film. But now that a Parisian magazine is ridiculing the Muslim prophet, France may be next
The U.S. has a history of rather aggressive foreign policy that is sometimes perceived as jingoistic meddling — and those in other countries have expressed their ire
An incendiary U.S.-made film smearing the Prophet Muhammad has sparked outrage in at least 20 countries from Libya to Australia, triggering deaths and dozens of arrests
Crowds of Muslims worldwide continue to protest a U.S. film denounced by both Obama and Romney. So why is the auteur becoming a cause célèbre on the Right?
Friends and colleagues mourn the loss of a longtime diplomat who bravely and selflessly put himself in harm's way
After the killing of Ambassador Christopher Stevens in Benghazi, the role of the West in building Arab democracies becomes even more problematic
An offensive trailer for the film fueled deadly riots in Egypt and Libya. But according to enterprising reporters, the claim that an entire film exists may be a lie
How did a low-budget, amateurish piece of agitprop set off deadly riots against American citizens in the Middle East?
After attacks by mobs furious over an amateurish anti-Islam video, the Obama administration is shaken by the first killing of the head of a U.S. embassy in decades
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
Subscribe to the Week