opinion briefs on this topic
The eccentrically styled star is rumored to be on board for the upcoming season, but critics aren't sure she's the right choice to jumpstart the sputtering show
Fox producers are blowing a wad to bring the diva songstress to the judges' panel in hopes of resuscitating the show's ailing ratings
Steven Tyler and J. Lo are out, and Randy Jackson's commitment to the show is in question, sparking a guessing game over who should replace them
The glam contestant is reportedly in the running to replace Jennifer Lopez. But while critics loved his performances, they're not sure he can hack it as a judge
The original Dreamgirls star joins the Idol runner-up on Wednesday's finale, and delivers a series of wild facial contortions hailed as both ludicrous and brilliant
The throwback crooner was the judges' hands-down favorite, and some are complaining that the show's fans are biased towards white guys with guitars
The show's judges showered the young contestant with unhinged praise after his Wednesday performance, and some Idol fans were turned off by the favoritism
Seacrest just signed a blockbuster contract to host the reality TV juggernaut for two more seasons, raising questions about his actual value
In a cramped field of rival singing competitions, can the venerable Fox hit still rule? And is it risky for judge Jennifer Lopez to experience the "goosies"?
With the consummate host's contract with the reality TV competition set to expire, pundits are imagining a "Seacrest, out" scenario
The former American Idol judge gives audiences a (satisfyingly harsh) taste of his new Fox singing competition — and gets in a few jabs at his alma mater
- How typeface influences the way we read and think
- The culture war is over, and conservatives lost
- WATCH: 41 historic demises
- The last word: He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- WATCH: Australia's army chief demonstrates how you address sex abuse
- The world is way, way bigger than you
- The FBI has purposefully — and, it says, justifiably — shot 150 Americans since 1993
- This is what 213 severed bear paws looks like
- Washington has an Edward Snowden problem
- Has Snowden crossed a red line?