The Supreme Court will take a look at the biggest challenge to election finance law since the 2010 Citizens United case
Presumably, Scalia will not be one of the justices voting to uphold the constitutionality of same-sex marriage
There's a decent chance that the conservative-leaning court could strike down affirmative-action admissions policies at public universities
The fiercely secretive Supreme Court has sprung at least two leaks — and some very compelling information has spilled out
The chief justice is widely expected to write the Supreme Court's historic decision on the 2010 health-care law, in what could become his biggest career moment
The justices unanimously throw out fines for fleeting flashes of nudity and expletives on broadcast shows. Will an onslaught of flesh and foul language follow?
A new Pew poll shows that no matter how the high court rules on the health-care law, most Americans will be unhappy
Most Americans now disapprovingly view the Supreme Court as partisan. Can the conservative court restore its reputation by saving Obama's key achievement?
The New Yorker reveals how conservative justices turned Citizens United from a minor case into one that would allow a flood of corporate money to influence elections
The high court's favorability rating is at its lowest point in 25 years — a stark reversal from the recent past, when the court enjoyed near-universal popularity
The president's biggest domestic achievement, along with his re-election chances, are on the line. But the high court has a lot to lose, too
The Supreme Court weighs the pros and cons of locking up young killers and throwing away the key
The conservative Roberts Court just accepted a blockbuster case that poses a threat to university policies designed to foster racial diversity
The nation's highest court unanimously deems it illegal to digitally track a person's vehicle without a warrant. Will that help criminals go undetected?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to stop Black Thursday — and still score that big screen
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
Subscribe to the Week