opinion briefs on this topic
Curse words and nudity are all over cable TV. Now the Supreme Court is debating whether networks should be able to follow suit
The nation's highest court opens its doozy of a term Monday, and "ObamaCare," warrantless GPS tracking, and nudity on TV will all likely be on the docket
Civil rights activists howl after the nation's highest court overturns a multimillion-dollar verdict for a wrongfully-imprisoned man who spent 18 years on death row
An Arizona law that gives public money to political candidates who forswear private funding may be overturned
The highest court in the land rules that the strategically offensive anti-gay protests by Fred Phelps' church are protected by the First Amendment
The conservative Supreme Court justice is making history by staying speechless for so long. Here's how his silent streak breaks down
House Democrats say he should, due to conflicts of interest stemming from his wife's lobbying. What are the chances of this actually happening?
Women's rights advocates are seething after Scalia says the Constitution does not prohibit discrimination against women and gays
Michele Bachmann has asked the Supreme Court justice to lead a seminar on the Constitution. Is that really appropriate?
The historic case that decided the 2000 election was supposed to be an anomaly, says Jeffrey Toobin at The New Yorker, but it was actually a preview of the Supreme Court's partisan future
The Supreme Court considers whether a ban on selling gory games to minors is unconstitutional
Nearly two decades after her husband's ugly confirmation hearings, Virginia Thomas called up Anita Hill and asked for an apology. Why? — and why now?
A father whose son's funeral was disrupted by the infamous Westboro Baptist Church wants damages for emotional distress. Should the Supreme Court side with him?
The nation's highest court will hear cases on everything from illegal immigration to violent video games. Here's how commentators see the issues
- WATCH: Australia's army chief demonstrates how you address sex abuse
- The last telegram ever is about to be sent
- How typeface influences the way we read and think
- Michael Hastings, remembered
- The last word: He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- New Snowden leak: NSA, Britain's GCHQ, eavesdropped on foreign leaders
- 5 takeaways from Obama's sit-down with Charlie Rose
- How immigration reform could save taxpayers nearly $1 trillion
- The 10-cent revolution: Everything you need to know about Brazil's massive protests