The Palestinian Authority has given itself a new name — the State of Palestine. Is this a step toward making recognition at the U.N. a reality?
Palestinians cheer the status upgrade from the United Nations General Assembly. Many American lawmakers are less enthused
The Palestinian Authority is asking the United Nations General Assembly for a mostly symbolic status upgrade. How much good would that really do?
Mahmoud Abbas plans to request a controversial status upgrade from the United Nations — despite strident objections from Israel and the U.S.
Mitt Romney spent months accusing Obama of throwing Israel "under the bus." Obama's stance on Gaza might finally put such accusations to rest
The fate of the escalating conflict in the Middle East rests primarily on how effective machinery on both sides turns out to be
The latest round of fighting has underscored the need for a viable solution to halt the region's endless cycle of violence
Civilians on both sides of the conflict try to pick up the pieces of their lives amid the ongoing, escalating violence
Missiles that can reach once-safe Tel Aviv have made the war real in a whole new way for Israelis
The seasoned war reporter is visibly shaken on the air after a bomb explodes dangerously close to him
The threat of another Israeli ground invasion of Gaza is looming as Hamas rockets and Israeli bombers disrupt a brief truce
Israel is launching an all-out propaganda campaign on social media that includes chilling threats against senior Hamas leaders
Israel launches a major offensive against Palestinian militants — and for some reason, broadcasts the attacks live via social media
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Britain has basically decriminalized internet piracy. The U.S. should, too.
Subscribe to the Week