The Palestinian Authority has given itself a new name — the State of Palestine. Is this a step toward making recognition at the U.N. a reality?
Palestinians cheer the status upgrade from the United Nations General Assembly. Many American lawmakers are less enthused
The Palestinian Authority is asking the United Nations General Assembly for a mostly symbolic status upgrade. How much good would that really do?
Mahmoud Abbas plans to request a controversial status upgrade from the United Nations — despite strident objections from Israel and the U.S.
Mitt Romney spent months accusing Obama of throwing Israel "under the bus." Obama's stance on Gaza might finally put such accusations to rest
The fate of the escalating conflict in the Middle East rests primarily on how effective machinery on both sides turns out to be
The latest round of fighting has underscored the need for a viable solution to halt the region's endless cycle of violence
Civilians on both sides of the conflict try to pick up the pieces of their lives amid the ongoing, escalating violence
Missiles that can reach once-safe Tel Aviv have made the war real in a whole new way for Israelis
The seasoned war reporter is visibly shaken on the air after a bomb explodes dangerously close to him
The threat of another Israeli ground invasion of Gaza is looming as Hamas rockets and Israeli bombers disrupt a brief truce
Israel is launching an all-out propaganda campaign on social media that includes chilling threats against senior Hamas leaders
Israel launches a major offensive against Palestinian militants — and for some reason, broadcasts the attacks live via social media
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
Subscribe to the Week