The Palestinian Authority has given itself a new name — the State of Palestine. Is this a step toward making recognition at the U.N. a reality?
Palestinians cheer the status upgrade from the United Nations General Assembly. Many American lawmakers are less enthused
The Palestinian Authority is asking the United Nations General Assembly for a mostly symbolic status upgrade. How much good would that really do?
Mahmoud Abbas plans to request a controversial status upgrade from the United Nations — despite strident objections from Israel and the U.S.
Mitt Romney spent months accusing Obama of throwing Israel "under the bus." Obama's stance on Gaza might finally put such accusations to rest
The fate of the escalating conflict in the Middle East rests primarily on how effective machinery on both sides turns out to be
The latest round of fighting has underscored the need for a viable solution to halt the region's endless cycle of violence
Civilians on both sides of the conflict try to pick up the pieces of their lives amid the ongoing, escalating violence
Missiles that can reach once-safe Tel Aviv have made the war real in a whole new way for Israelis
The seasoned war reporter is visibly shaken on the air after a bomb explodes dangerously close to him
The threat of another Israeli ground invasion of Gaza is looming as Hamas rockets and Israeli bombers disrupt a brief truce
Israel is launching an all-out propaganda campaign on social media that includes chilling threats against senior Hamas leaders
Israel launches a major offensive against Palestinian militants — and for some reason, broadcasts the attacks live via social media
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week