opinion briefs on this topic
Suspected al-Qaeda-linked Palestinians attack Israel from Sinai, and Israel swiftly retaliates. What now?
After years of seeing Israeli heroes charged under a misguided and easily exploited British law, U.K. politicians are finally wising up
More than a dozen protesters died Sunday in border clashes with Israeli soldiers. Was this just a Palestinian stunt, or evidence that the Arab Spring has reached Israel?
Fatah and Hamas agree to work together for the first time in years. Does this make peace with Israel more likely — or impossible?
The author of a hard-hitting U.N. report on Israel's incursion into Gaza revisits the issue in a Washington Post op-ed. Is he clearing Israeli forces of war crimes?
Al Jazeera's trove of leaked documents has provoked violence on the streets of Gaza and Ramallah. Can the Palestinian Authority survive?
- The man who sued his wife for birthing an ugly baby
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Watch The Daily Show pit Pope Francis against Fox News' 'War on Christmas'
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week