opinion briefs on this topic
Brazil, Argentina, and Uruguay say they recognize Palestinian independence along pre-1967 borders. What do they hope to accomplish?
Obama gently scolds Israel for expanding settlements in East Jerusalem. Is there any hope left for the talks between Netanyahu and Abbas?
Israel says it won't extend its full-scale moratorium on building in the West Bank. Does that extinguish any hope of peace with the Palestinians?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 6 photos that Facebook controversially banned
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
The history of Santa Claus: 7 interesting facts
- Is it possible to live forever?
- The logic behind the world's 4 weirdest strategic reserves
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 11 languages spoken by 11 people or fewer
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: The world's front pages
Subscribe to the Week