opinion briefs on this topic
Adopting a European-style work week could help slow carbon emissions, says a new study
Filmmakers behind the new documentary Chasing Ice use the largest iceberg calving ever caught on film to highlight the disastrous effects of climate change
Across the globe, our biggest and oldest trees are disappearing at 10 times the normal rate — and their demise could spell ecological disaster
Melting ice caps and widespread drought are virtual inevitabilities
The Earth's changing climate is melting the Arctic ice sheets, starting a global rush for the goodies underneath
According to the feds, we've suffered through temperatures unseen since they began tracking weather 118 years ago. Here's how the unsettling stats break down
Scientists are surprised to learn that Americans born between 1961 and 1981 are increasingly indifferent to rising temperatures
Scientists have long predicted that rising temperatures could lead to extreme weather conditions, including wildfires, droughts, freak storms, and more
Anthrax scares, public humiliation, and death threats are all in a day's work for some climatologists. Popular Science's Tom Clynes reveals the backstory
A conservative think tank drafts the Unabomber for a short-lived ad attempting to chip away at the scientific consensus on man-made climate change
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week