opinion briefs on this topic
Cancun is hosting the U.N. conference on man-made climate change — amid record cold temperatures
After last year's disastrous talks, negotiators are giving it another go in Mexico
Rep. John Shimkus (R-Ill.) wants to chair the House Energy and Commerce committee — should his Bible-based dismissal of global warming be a disqualifier?
The New Yorker's account of how infighting, meddling and obstructionism put the kibosh a new energy policy
Los Angelenos have been burning up — but they're not the only ones who have endured unprecedented temperatures this past year
Floods in Pakistan, fires in Russia, a heat wave in the U.S. Is this what it feels like when climate change kicks into overdrive?
The moderate Republican ditched his own climate and energy bill because it curbed offshore drilling. What was he thinking?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- How to make homemade marshmallow Peeps
Subscribe to the Week