opinion briefs on this topic
Cancun is hosting the U.N. conference on man-made climate change — amid record cold temperatures
After last year's disastrous talks, negotiators are giving it another go in Mexico
Rep. John Shimkus (R-Ill.) wants to chair the House Energy and Commerce committee — should his Bible-based dismissal of global warming be a disqualifier?
The New Yorker's account of how infighting, meddling and obstructionism put the kibosh a new energy policy
Los Angelenos have been burning up — but they're not the only ones who have endured unprecedented temperatures this past year
Floods in Pakistan, fires in Russia, a heat wave in the U.S. Is this what it feels like when climate change kicks into overdrive?
The moderate Republican ditched his own climate and energy bill because it curbed offshore drilling. What was he thinking?
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- Is it possible to live forever?
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: A tribute in photos and prose
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- Why income inequality has become the Democratic Party's top issue
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- How America's unions can reinvent themselves in the new economy
Subscribe to the Week