opinion briefs on this topic
The prognosticator-in-chief lays out his predictions for the Final Four, revealing his strategic preferences for squads hailing from swing states
Companies could lose up to $175 million in the first two days of the NCAA tournament, as on-the-clock employees obsessively check for game updates
Drexel fails to make the cut, but Iona gets in? A look at the NCAA tournament's most questionable bracket decisions
The Butler Bulldogs' inspirational run for the NCAA men's basketball title ends with an ugly loss to UConn. Did anybody really win in this clunker of a game?
The Virginia Commonwealth Rams knocked off Kansas in this NCAA basketball tournament's most stunning upset. Is theirs the best underdog story ever?
Defying prognosticators, many of college basketball's top teams failed to make it beyond the tournament's opening rounds
While the president finds time to make March Madness predictions during a period of international upheaval, his conservative critics find time to be outraged
NCAA hoops used to be where high school stars learned the game, says Michael Sokolove in The New York Times Magazine. But now college is just a one-year rest stop on the way to the NBA
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
- Step away from the ruler: Penis size studies are pretty worthless
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week