opinion briefs on this topic
Kathryn Bigelow's bin Laden movie is winning across-the-board raves. But critics are less unanimous about what to make of the movie's gruesome torture scenes
Journalists get a sneak peek at a firsthand account of the killing of the al Qaeda mastermind, and dish on details of the raid and the SEALs' opinion of Obama
Now that Matthew Bissonnette has been IDed as one of the commandos who killed Osama bin Laden, revenge-seeking jihadists are eagerly calling for his death
As the White House bends over backwards to help filmmakers, conservatives accuse Obama of spilling secrets so he'll be portrayed as a hero on screen
Pakistan imposes a 33-year prison sentence on a doctor who partnered with the CIA to track down the world's most wanted terrorist
Republicans insist that Obama shouldn't brag about launching a covert assault to get the al Qaeda leader because any president would have done the same
Bill Warren claims to know where the terrorist mastermind was thrown overboard, and he's determined to drag up his corpse... right in the middle of the election
Fresh details emerge on the terrorist mastermind's post-9/11 life, raising troubling questions about how the world's most wanted man evaded capture for so long
A film about the terrorist's death will be released a month before President Obama faces voters in 2012 — and one Republican is calling foul
The most detailed account yet of the epic raid includes juicy new tidbits on abandoned plans, bin Laden's burial at sea, and a much-hyped war dog
Is the truth down there? That's what deep-sea treasure hunter Bill Warren wants to find out by trolling the Arabian Sea for the terrorist's remains
New details emerge about the daring commando raid, the heroic war dog's name, and why exactly the SEALs' helicopter crashed
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week