opinion briefs on this topic
Americans greeted the news of the 9/11 mastermind's death by taking to the streets and joyously chanting "USA, USA!" How inappropriate, say some commentators
Revelers gather in Washington D.C. and New York City to commemorate the long-awaited conclusion of the decade-long hunt for Osama Bin Laden
Obama informed Americans of the al Qaeda leader's death in an unexpected televised address. Did his tone do justice to the extraordinary occasion?
America's No. 1 enemy is dead. Does that mean we can declare victory?
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 23, 2014
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week