opinion briefs on this topic
Americans greeted the news of the 9/11 mastermind's death by taking to the streets and joyously chanting "USA, USA!" How inappropriate, say some commentators
Revelers gather in Washington D.C. and New York City to commemorate the long-awaited conclusion of the decade-long hunt for Osama Bin Laden
Obama informed Americans of the al Qaeda leader's death in an unexpected televised address. Did his tone do justice to the extraordinary occasion?
America's No. 1 enemy is dead. Does that mean we can declare victory?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- The secrets of happy families
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Antarctica recently experienced the coldest day in recorded history
- Is the rent really too damn high?
- Americans are wealthier than ever*
- The U.S. auto bailout is officially over. Here's what America lost and gained.
- Godzilla: Watch the surprisingly grim trailer for the blockbuster reboot
Subscribe to the Week