opinion briefs on this topic
At a gay-rights gala, President Obama tears into his Republican challengers for failing to defend a gay soldier when a GOP debate audience booed him
When an openly gay U.S. service member in Iraq asks Rick Santorum a question via YouTube, some Florida debate watchers respond rather disrespectfully
The ban on gays serving openly in the military is officially history. What changes are in store for the armed forces?
Navy Capt. Owen Honors was relieved of his duties over a series of raunchy videos he produced. Was the punishment fair or is this an overreaction?
The Senate cleared the final big hurdle to ending the U.S. military's stay-in-the-closet policy. Who gains and who loses?
The bid to end the controversial policy on gays in the military is back on track again — but these four factors could derail it
Who advocates repealing the military's controversial policy on gay soldiers, and who wants to keep it in place?
A federal judge says the military's ban on gay service members violates the First Amendment. What now?
- 10 things you need to know today: December 5, 2013
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Mexico's unluckiest thieves stole enough radioactive waste to make a dirty bomb
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Why income inequality has become the Democratic Party's top issue
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Watch the overstuffed first trailer
- The indignity of canine bath time
Subscribe to the Week