The feds want to prevent risky loans like the ones that helped inflate the housing bubble. But some would-be home buyers could be left out in the cold
After plenty of false dawns, many experts say the recovery is for real this time
There have been few winners in the housing crisis, but Florida's Lynn Szymoniak is one of them
South Florida teen Willow Tufano rents out the house she owns — and she's saving to buy another one
The government and big banks strike a deal over alleged foreclosure abuses. Where will the money go?
A tween do-gooder turns the focus of his charitable "Dream Catcher Network" to a cause that's awfully close to home
To sidestep the painful and expensive foreclosure process, lenders begin offering delinquent borrowers cash to sell their homes for less than they owe
With eager foreign buyers pushing average home prices well into the millions, Aspen, Colo., has become America's most expensive town
According to a recent survey, 87 percent of us feel that achieving an ideal life no longer hinges on owning a home
Seattle! Minneapolis! Atlanta! The New York Times' David Streitfeld says that cities once thought to be spared from the housing collapse are now in trouble
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- The 7 best Halloween-themed editorial cartoons
Subscribe to the Week