Last year, 43 provisions in 19 states sought to restrict access to abortion
A new poll from Pew shows that most Americans — and nearly half of Republicans — do not support overturning Roe v. Wade
A group of Dutch activists takes women from countries that outlaw abortion into international waters, where they're given safe access to the controversial procedure
The embattled Akin believed (at least until 48 hours ago) that women can't get pregnant from rape. As bizarre as that theory is, he's hardly the first to spout it
Arizona's new abortion law could force mothers to give birth to stillborns and babies with fatal defects, which critics say is immoral and illegal
An appeals court inspires fury by ruling that women seeking abortions must be warned of an increased risk of suicide — despite shaky evidence of that link
A federal judge temporarily blocks a law that would shut down Mississippi's only remaining abortion clinic. Here, a look at what could happen next
Scientists come up with a simple (if still pricey) method to screen fetuses for some 3,000 genetic defects, raising a troubling question: Who deserves to be born?
A 35-year-old Indiana woman is awaiting trial after she swallowed rat poison that killed her baby — but not her. Is she a criminal, or a victim of anti-abortion politics?
A Spanish judge orders a gynecologist to pay up after the doctor supposedly performed an abortion — and the patient still gave birth
Gallup reveals a surprising drop in the number of people who call themselves "pro-choice," even as more Americans back gay marriage and the legalization of pot
The comedian is no stranger to controversy, but even some of her fans are questioning whether her latest stunt went over the line
Anti-abortion legislators in Tennessee push a bill that critics say will only serve to single out doctors and women for extremist attacks
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
Subscribe to the Week