On Thursday, the U.S.D.A. unveiled a new plate-shaped nutrition icon... at a reported cost of $2 million
Some Florida gynecologists have set weight limits for their patients, saying it's too risky to treat women over 200 pounds. Is that discrimination?
The new season of the health-conscious chef's show has commentators wondering if he takes things too far in the name of fighting obesity
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Eric Holder blew it as attorney general. His replacement will, too,
- How ancient DNA is rewriting human history
- Confronting our twisted relationship with food
Subscribe to the Week