opinion briefs on this topic
On Thursday, the U.S.D.A. unveiled a new plate-shaped nutrition icon... at a reported cost of $2 million
Some Florida gynecologists have set weight limits for their patients, saying it's too risky to treat women over 200 pounds. Is that discrimination?
The new season of the health-conscious chef's show has commentators wondering if he takes things too far in the name of fighting obesity
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
Subscribe to the Week