opinion briefs on this topic
In an effort to encourage healthier eating, one principal has prohibited students from bringing in homemade food. Is this anything but bureaucratic overreach?
A new diet claims to use "metabolic confusion" to help you lose a lot of weight very, very quickly. Does it really work?
An Iowa journalist reveals that an all-beer diet helped him lose 15 pounds. Here, a look at the various one-food or drink diets that show unusually good results
Filmgoers should realize just how fatty and calorie-laden their popcorn is, says the FDA — but is it really the movie chains' responsibility to tell them?
The controversial, hugely popular French diet has helped millions of Europeans shed pounds. Now it's coming to America
The First Lady's Let's Move campaign alienates fat children, and makes them more vulnerable to being picked on, says Paul Campos at The Daily Beast
The gluttony-themed restaurant's obese spokesperson, Blair River, dies at 29. Now, even more detractors are saying that the Heart Attack Grill is in tragically bad taste
Do weight-challenged Americans really need a combo package of frozen pizza and cookie dough? How about pizza and "wyngz"? DiGiorno says yes — who's with them?
The USDA's new Dietary Guidelines tell Americans, for the first time ever, to eat less — but fail to specify which foods to avoid. Is this really fighting the obesity epidemic?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week