opinion briefs on this topic
In a new ad, the former South Carolina governor tells voters he learned from the affair that ended his marriage. Will that help his bid for a seat in Congress?
Pleasing mainstream conservatives without alienating his libertarian base is much easier said than done
Good job, GOP. You just handed Obama a public-relations gift
The footage was reportedly scrapped before it could be shown to a gathering of hundreds of conservatives
Perhaps predictably, opinions are divided along ideological lines
The Florida senator's conservative rebuttal to Obama's State of the Union was overshadowed by his thirst
Conservatives swoon over a prominent black surgeon who challenged the president on everything from taxes to health care at last week's National Prayer Breakfast
The shopworn formula to attack the president is well past its expiration date
The Republican Party's divisions will be on stark display Tuesday night
Matt K. Lewis: Chris Christie's waistline, Marco Rubio's hairline, and our raging obsession with superficialityPosted on February 10, 2013, at 8:55 AM
Face it: Politicians are judged, at least in part, for the way they look
The senator from Florida is clearly the GOP's hottest prospect
In 140 characters, the newly retired congressman reminds us why he — and maybe his son — won't top the GOP presidential ticket
Mitt Romney's eldest son would provide the GOP with a recognizable candidate — which has its pluses and minuses
Karl Rove has founded a new group to help defeat far-right candidates in Republican primaries
- The secrets of happy families
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Would you cuddle a stranger for $80 an hour?
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Why Newt Gingrich is getting flak for defending Nelson Mandela
Subscribe to the Week