The House speaker allowed an up-or-down vote on a Senate deal to avert a looming fiscal calamity... and raise taxes. Is that enough to spark a coup?
The GOP's superstar senator, a potential 2016 contender, was one of only eight senators to oppose the bipartisan package
The secretary of state has been admitted to the hospital for a potentially serious blood clot
The 20th century hasn't been good to GOP leaders in the House, so Speaker John Boehner might have some cause for concern
The party I love really needs some help
Social conservatives have two choices: Modernize and compromise, or continue down the road to total irrelevance
The former wife of South Carolina's disgraced former governor is reportedly on the short list to replace a Tea Party icon
Enough with the reckless, tone-deaf warmongering. Conservatives ought to start listening to realists like Rand Paul and Jon Huntsman
The former Florida governor joins the Democrats, which could make it harder for Republicans to appeal to moderates
The backlash to a potential budget deal with President Obama is building
Newt Gingrich says nobody on the GOP bench will be able to compete with Hillary in 2016. What makes him think she's unstoppable?
The South Carolina–raised comedian says he isn't ruling out a run for Senate, but Palmetto State voters aren't exactly his target audience
Democrats are crushing Republicans in the country's biggest metropolises. That can change
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why America is duty-bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week