The Ohio Republican is facing a backlash for "purging" four ultraconservatives from important committees
The Tea Party leader surprises Capitol Hill by abruptly calling it quits
A proposal that is simply an extension of the Americans with Disabilities Act failed — thanks to fringe conspiracy theories
There's a huge opportunity for a rising GOP star to corner the market on a new conservative brand. Here's how
The Tea Party star delivers an impassioned speech defending conservative values, sparking chatter about his future prospects
The New Jersey governor got a huge ratings boost from his storm response, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll be unstoppable in 2013
Rep. Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia, who has already announced her intention to run for the Senate, may fall victim to purists in the GOP
A growing number of GOP lawmakers are disavowing Norquist's no-new-taxes pledge to better confront the country's dire fiscal situation
The social conservative may not be the best choice to lead the GOP out of the political wilderness
A growing number of GOP lawmakers say they'd be willing to break Norquist's anti-tax pledge to avoid the fiscal cliff — damn the consequences
The Tea Party star cast doubt on whether Earth is really 4.5 billion years old, largely through a hedging strategy known as "the plausibility shield"
In the wake of President Obama's re-election, the Republican Party's reigning anti-tax ideologue is getting some rare push-back from his associates
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- The safest seats are at the back of the plane — and 5 other surprising facts about airline crashes
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week