opinion briefs on this topic
The Minnesota Tea Partier and other GOP House members spark a backlash by accusing Hillary Clinton's aide of assisting the Muslim Brotherhood
House Republicans finally have their big standoff with President Obama and his attorney general. Are they giving Obama just what he wanted?
The former governor criticizes the GOP for being too extreme, joining the Big Dog as the latest party elder to undercut a presidential candidate's message
Jeb Bush blasts America's extremely polarized politics, claiming that his father and the Gipper would be too moderate to find electoral success in 2012
Mitt Romney is piling on Obama for saying the "private sector is doing fine" — while the Republican simultaneously trashes firefighters and police officers
Meet the GOP's new conservative hero: Scott Walker, slayer of unions. Can he ride his big win all the way to the Oval Office?
Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin, widely derided for renouncing his U.S. citizenship before the company's lucrative IPO, is finding powerful allies on the Right
Congress won't have to vote to raise the U.S. debt ceiling again until December. Thanks to the House speaker, the politicking has already begun
The GOP hopes to chip away at the massive advantage President Obama had with Latino voters in 2008 — but so far, it hasn't worked out that way
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Time Warner Cable is raising your monthly rate again
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why is the 'mor' in 'Voldemort' so evil-sounding?
- 2 proven ways to increase your willpower — courtesy of the Cookie Monster
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- True Detective's dangerous lies about satanic ritual abuse
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- America's love-hate relationship with porn
Subscribe to the Week