opinion briefs on this topic
A pre-Super Tuesday poll found that voters think less of the Republican candidates as their combative primaries drag on. Can the GOP bounce back?
While conservatives grieve over the loss of a liberal bête noire, some on the Left engage in a little grave-dancing. Would Breitbart actually approve?
Catholic leaders are self-righteously trying to infringe on the liberty of all Americans. And head-in-the-sand Republicans are cheering them on
Mitt Romney is the latest victim of the glitzy assault by gay activists, joining Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum, who have also been stuck picking sparkles from their hair
Republicans are getting hammered for their bungling of the payroll tax cut extension. How badly will it hurt the GOP going into an election year?
The House speaker rejects the Senate's bipartisan tax deal after members of his caucus revolt. Just who's calling the shots in the House?
A look at the cinematic tastes of the GOP's past and present presidential hopefuls
Dissatisfied with Rick Perry, many conservatives are hopelessly trying to draft New Jersey's governor. But let's face it — he's no messiah
The Republican speaker pushes through a stopgap spending bill — but only after bowing to conservatives who embarrassed him earlier this week
Liberals cry foul after top Republican leaders urge Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke not to use monetary policy to help juice the sputtering economy
Nancy Pelosi labels House Speaker John Boehner "disrespectful" for opting not to respond to the president's big speech on Thursday
House Republicans insist that Congress must cut spending before paying to help victims — and, arguably, conservatives have a point
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
Subscribe to the Week