opinion briefs on this topic
The conservative radio demigod seemed oddly awed by the GOP star's pitch to legalize undocumented immigrants
Some Democrats have called on Obama to stay on the sidelines of the debate
The bipartisan package won't pass if Rubio backs out. And if Rubio fails on immigration, it could imperil his future political prospects
A comprehensive revamp of America's immigration system is a top priority of President Obama and GOP senators, but...
The electorate has spoken. And if Republicans want to win over Latino voters, conservatives must stop talking about self-deportations and instead devise solutions
After the president does an end run around Congress, many of his opponents offer only muted critiques of his election-year power play. Why?
A new study finds that a four-decade wave of Mexican immigrants into the U.S. has receded. What does that mean for the hot-button immigration debate?
Activists say U.S. citizens are being detained under a federal program aimed at deporting illegal immigrants
Newt Gingrich wants to put ordinary citizens on juries to decide the fate of illegal immigrants. Is he on to something?
Despite the hype in political circles, statistics suggest that the flow of immigrants without papers has slowed to a trickle. Why?
Anecdotal evidence suggests a wave of racially-tinged schoolyard taunts is rippling across Alabama — though skeptics remain unconvinced
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' 'white Santa' claim
- A scientific argument for dressing a little nicer at work
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How John Boehner learned to stop worrying and hate the Tea Party
- A candid look at what went wrong with Mitt Romney's campaign
- How the budget deal could pave the way for immigration reform
- Why a Mike Huckabee presidential run is Chris Christie's worst nightmare
- The Black Death is back
- 26 fascinating facts about beer
Subscribe to the Week