opinion briefs on this topic
The conservative radio demigod seemed oddly awed by the GOP star's pitch to legalize undocumented immigrants
Some Democrats have called on Obama to stay on the sidelines of the debate
The bipartisan package won't pass if Rubio backs out. And if Rubio fails on immigration, it could imperil his future political prospects
A comprehensive revamp of America's immigration system is a top priority of President Obama and GOP senators, but...
The electorate has spoken. And if Republicans want to win over Latino voters, conservatives must stop talking about self-deportations and instead devise solutions
After the president does an end run around Congress, many of his opponents offer only muted critiques of his election-year power play. Why?
A new study finds that a four-decade wave of Mexican immigrants into the U.S. has receded. What does that mean for the hot-button immigration debate?
Activists say U.S. citizens are being detained under a federal program aimed at deporting illegal immigrants
Newt Gingrich wants to put ordinary citizens on juries to decide the fate of illegal immigrants. Is he on to something?
Despite the hype in political circles, statistics suggest that the flow of immigrants without papers has slowed to a trickle. Why?
Anecdotal evidence suggests a wave of racially-tinged schoolyard taunts is rippling across Alabama — though skeptics remain unconvinced
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- How to flirt, according to science
Subscribe to the Week