opinion briefs on this topic
The conservative radio demigod seemed oddly awed by the GOP star's pitch to legalize undocumented immigrants
Some Democrats have called on Obama to stay on the sidelines of the debate
The bipartisan package won't pass if Rubio backs out. And if Rubio fails on immigration, it could imperil his future political prospects
A comprehensive revamp of America's immigration system is a top priority of President Obama and GOP senators, but...
The electorate has spoken. And if Republicans want to win over Latino voters, conservatives must stop talking about self-deportations and instead devise solutions
After the president does an end run around Congress, many of his opponents offer only muted critiques of his election-year power play. Why?
A new study finds that a four-decade wave of Mexican immigrants into the U.S. has receded. What does that mean for the hot-button immigration debate?
Activists say U.S. citizens are being detained under a federal program aimed at deporting illegal immigrants
Newt Gingrich wants to put ordinary citizens on juries to decide the fate of illegal immigrants. Is he on to something?
Despite the hype in political circles, statistics suggest that the flow of immigrants without papers has slowed to a trickle. Why?
Anecdotal evidence suggests a wave of racially-tinged schoolyard taunts is rippling across Alabama — though skeptics remain unconvinced
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Pics or it didn't happen: Millennials are a bunch of selfie-loving skeptics
Subscribe to the Week