opinion briefs on this topic
Immigrant families rush to leave the Yellowhammer State — which is now enforcing an immigration law that might be the nation's toughest
The feds make good on Obama's promise that immigration authorities will focus on finding and deporting serious criminals
It's not just that Americans don't want to pick vegetables, says The Atlantic's Megan McArdle. We no longer know how
New research suggests incomes and quality of life are improving south of the border — discouraging Mexicans from illegally sneaking into the U.S.
The Pulitzer-Prize-winning reporter revealed his many immigration lies in The New York Times Magazine. What can we learn from this illegal immigrant's story?
After 14 years of hiding the truth about his immigration status, Jose Antonio Vargas comes clean, and declares, "I'm done running"
The GOP senator claims illegal immigrants may have started Arizona's massive blaze, but his lack of evidence is drawing howls of protest and mockery
The president is launching a fresh attempt at an immigration reform bill, but its chances of actually passing seem slim
Michael Bloomberg says if immigrants really want to come to America, let them.... rebuild Motor City. Um, was he being serious?
A teacher causes an uproar with a lesson that asked kids, "What does the U.S. do to illegal aliens?" One of the multiple-choice options: "Puts them to death"
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
Subscribe to the Week