opinion briefs on this topic
Immigrant families rush to leave the Yellowhammer State — which is now enforcing an immigration law that might be the nation's toughest
The feds make good on Obama's promise that immigration authorities will focus on finding and deporting serious criminals
It's not just that Americans don't want to pick vegetables, says The Atlantic's Megan McArdle. We no longer know how
New research suggests incomes and quality of life are improving south of the border — discouraging Mexicans from illegally sneaking into the U.S.
The Pulitzer-Prize-winning reporter revealed his many immigration lies in The New York Times Magazine. What can we learn from this illegal immigrant's story?
After 14 years of hiding the truth about his immigration status, Jose Antonio Vargas comes clean, and declares, "I'm done running"
The GOP senator claims illegal immigrants may have started Arizona's massive blaze, but his lack of evidence is drawing howls of protest and mockery
The president is launching a fresh attempt at an immigration reform bill, but its chances of actually passing seem slim
Michael Bloomberg says if immigrants really want to come to America, let them.... rebuild Motor City. Um, was he being serious?
A teacher causes an uproar with a lesson that asked kids, "What does the U.S. do to illegal aliens?" One of the multiple-choice options: "Puts them to death"
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week