opinion briefs on this topic
Immigrant families rush to leave the Yellowhammer State — which is now enforcing an immigration law that might be the nation's toughest
The feds make good on Obama's promise that immigration authorities will focus on finding and deporting serious criminals
It's not just that Americans don't want to pick vegetables, says The Atlantic's Megan McArdle. We no longer know how
New research suggests incomes and quality of life are improving south of the border — discouraging Mexicans from illegally sneaking into the U.S.
The Pulitzer-Prize-winning reporter revealed his many immigration lies in The New York Times Magazine. What can we learn from this illegal immigrant's story?
After 14 years of hiding the truth about his immigration status, Jose Antonio Vargas comes clean, and declares, "I'm done running"
The GOP senator claims illegal immigrants may have started Arizona's massive blaze, but his lack of evidence is drawing howls of protest and mockery
The president is launching a fresh attempt at an immigration reform bill, but its chances of actually passing seem slim
Michael Bloomberg says if immigrants really want to come to America, let them.... rebuild Motor City. Um, was he being serious?
A teacher causes an uproar with a lesson that asked kids, "What does the U.S. do to illegal aliens?" One of the multiple-choice options: "Puts them to death"
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
Subscribe to the Week